GDDP (GMRT Data Diagnostic Package)
IntroductionDetail information about the package and SOP to use it, is as follows :
The GDDP (GTAC data diagnostic package) is a set of diagnostic programs to check the basic health of regular GMRT data. It works on any LTA/B file taken during a regular GTAC observation.
The package takes a gtaclog number/ltafile-name, and finds out status on flux/phase calibrator by using the 'mkmatmon' program. It gives fringe status of all the antennas on flux/phase calibrator by using the program 'fringe.pl'. It also generates plot of phase and amplitude for flux and phase calibrators using program 'rantsol' and 'gainplot.pl'. Also it gives list of Satellites close to source duing the observations.
This package also gives information like, header of each ltafile, date of observation, project code, frequency parameters, reference channel used for analysis, reference antenna used for analysis and number of working antennas for each observation
This diagnostic package analysis all ltafiles mentioned in the gtac observing log; the user doesn't need to give any program/ltafile name manually.
At the end it generates a summary of the analysis, giving the problems encountered.
In side the GDDP package, four mains scripts are being run :
- mkmatmon (Author : Santaji Katore) This shows fringe amplitude counts on flux calibrator (3C147|3C286|3C48) or phase calibrator (vlacal list) for all baselines in a matrix format, upper triangle shows LL (175 MHz) polarization and lower triangle shows RR (130 MHz) Polarization.
- fringe.pl (Author : Santaji Katore) This shows fringe amplitude counts on flux calibrator (3C147|3C286|3C48) or phase calibrator (vlacal list) for one channel for antennas in tabular form.
- gainplot.pl (Author : Santaji Katore) This shows plot of antenna gains and phases from ltafile for flux calibrator (3C147|3C286|3C48) or phase calibrator (vlacal list) using 'rantsol' (Author : Sanjay Bhatnagar) for a single channel with respect to time.
- sate_check.pl (Author : Santaji Katore) This generates satellite overlap with source summary for given gtac observation. This script takes ltafile as input to check satellite closeness duing the observation.
Standard Operating Procedure
- login : gtaclog, Path : /home/gtaclog/ANALYSIS/bin/gdp.py
- Usage : ./gdp.py [ -l GTACLOG number]
- Other available options are :
-r Reference Antenna
-c Chan no
-i Integration for phase plots